Oh my, I hit the motherland with this one.
Now, although I'm not a gluten eater, I sometimes indulge. This was one of those times.
My hubby wondered if I'd be able to recreate the cinnamon buns found at stores. I thought about it and figured, why not try?
I have a little secret for you. This is the BEST secret because it will change your cinnamon-bun-making life.
Use pizza dough.
Crazy, right?! No more needing to mix dough together, let it rise, blah blah blah. This is seriously the most simple recipe EVER.
We buy our pizza dough weekly from our local grocery store in the Bakery section, but it's also been known to be in the Deli area as well. Ask your grocer!
Back to the recipe.
Ingredients: 1 bag of pizza dough
2 tbsp Earth Balance margarine
1 cup brown sugar
1. Stretch out the pizza dough on a floured surface in the shape of a rectangle (about 1.5 feet wide and 10 inches tall).
2. Mix the Cinnamon and margarine in a small bowl. Paint the top of the dough with the melted margarine.
3. Sprinkle the sugar over the top of the dough until well covered and all the sugar is used up.
4. Roll the dough up from the widest length (check out this pic below).
5. Cut the dough into coin shapes and arrange on a ceramic baking container, just like this! Except I took this AFTER I baked them. lol.
See my pretty pedicure on the bottom there? #summervibes
6. Bake them at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
7. If so inclined, slather them in some icing! I blended 1 cup of powered sugar with about 2 tbsp of almond milk and 2tbsp of melted margarine and added one drop of Cinnamon Bark. I can't resist the Cinnamon!
Let me know if you've made these! I'd love to hear what you think.
Want to know more about essential oils?
Interested in bringing dōTERRA into your home?