Seriously, guys, this is 4 ingredients. FOUR! If you follow my recipes already, then I KNOW you'll have the ingredients you need.
The health benefits of these ingredients are numerous!
- supports a healthy cholesterol level
- supports brain function
- the fatty acids in coconut oil support the removal of harmful bacteria, viruses, and other bad guys trying to attack us from the inside
Cacao Powder (here we used cocoa powder because we ran out of our cacao)
- super high in antioxidants
- highest plant-based iron source you can find!
- mood uplifting
- more calcium than cow's milk (we'll leave that to the calfs!)
Despite what the top picture shows, we ended up using Tangerine for this batch and WOW, did it ever remind me of those chocolates you got at Christmas where it tasted orange-y. You know the one that was shaped like an orange? And you had to smash it?
Does anyone else remember this?? Because typing it out makes me wonder who ever would invent a chocolate you had to smash with your fist...
Anyways, here's how SIMPLE this recipe really is!
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup cacao (or cocoa) powder
- 3 tbsp maple syrup (less if you don't want/need it as sweet)
- 1 to 3 drops essential oil(s) of choice
1. Melt the coconut oil in a pot on the stove.
2. Remove from heat and add the cacao powder and maple syrup, stirring until combined.
3. Add 1-3 drops of essential oil of your choice and mix again.
4. Pour mixture into moulds and let sit in freezer for 10-20 minutes or until hardened.
5. Enjoy! I sure did.
Here are some oils we've tried in chocolates with SUCCESS!
My little budding photographer did a great job taking these shots (high-five buddy!). If you've got kids, be sure to check out this video my boys did for their YouTube channel Essential Oils Kid!
Now there are no excuses you can give about why you can't make your own chocolates. Unless it's because you have no self control (ahem...me) and are pretty certain you'll just eat them all. #excuses
Want to know more about essential oils?
Interested in bringing dōTERRA into your home?