I grew up on all sorts of sugar. A common thing found in our house would be Reese Peanut Butter cups (most often in the mouth of my sister). This recipe rivals that, but HEALTHY and high vibe! Oh, and with a hint of Peppermint.
I'll take 7, please.
With just 5 ingredients and maybe 20 minutes, you'll have your very own batch of these nutritious and protein-packed snacks.
* this post contains affiliate links, which means I make a very small commission on any purchases you make through the links at no extra cost to you, which allows me to continue to keep my blog going - thank you!
1/3 cup coconut nectar
1 cup all natural organic peanut butter
1 cup oats (I’ve used quick oats here, choose gf for intolerances)
1/2 cup chocolate chips
For the base
2. Mix in the oats until well combined (it may be crumbly - if too crumbly, add a bit more coconut nectar)
3. Put the mixture into an 8x8 pan and push down firmly with a fork
For the topping
2. Pour melted mixture onto the base.
3. Put the dish in the freezer until the chocolate sets (usually 20 minutes).
- if you don't have coconut nectar, you can sub out for maple syrup, but only use about 1/4 cup
- coconut nectar has a low glycemic index, BONUS for those who get a fuzzy head from sugar *raises hand*
- try to purchase organic peanut butter if you can...peanut plants draw in toxins from their soil so you want to get PB from a source that hasn't used pesticides/herbicides!
Try this out and let me know in the comments below what you think!
Want to know more about essential oils?
Interested in bringing dōTERRA into your home?