So we had this MASSIVE zucchini my son bought from the farmer's market (honestly, it looked to be the size of my leg) and I knew we needed to make something REALLY great out of it.
Turns out, this recipe was JUST that.
I found the original here, but chose to use some protein-packed flour, less sugar, and my PEPPERMINT OIL! YESSSSSS! It's SO DELICIOUS that I ended up making two loaves (and still had enough zucchini to make enough loaves for my town).
- 2 tbsp milled flax seeds
- 6 tbsp water
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1/2 cup cacao powder (or carob powder)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 4 drops dōTERRA Peppermint essential oil
- 1 3/4 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips and a handful of extras for sprinkling on top
1. Turn on the oven to 325 degrees and grease a loaf pan.
2. Make the flax egg by stirring the flax and water together and set aside.
3. Mix all dry ingredients in one big bowl.
4. Mix remaining wet ingredients in separate bowl. Add in the flax egg then the shredded zucchini and combine until mixed.
5. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients until well mixed.
6. Toss in the chocolate chips.
7. Spread mixture into a greased loaf pan and sprinkle a few chocolate chips on top.
8. Bake for 60 minutes, then check with a toothpick to ensure it's cooked all the way through. If not completely cooked, put back in the oven and check at 5-minute increments with another toothpick until it comes out clear.
Want to know more about essential oils?
Interested in bringing dōTERRA into your home?
Shoot me a message!