One thing I had trouble letting go of when I was a newbie plant-based eater was chicken wings. But was it the chicken or was it the sauce? Ohhhh, right, it was the sauce!
So how THRILLED was I went I went to a new local vegan restaurant that had cauliflower wings?! Pretty thrilled.
I knew I needed to make these at home when I was feeling crafty. So I checked out a few online resources and moulded my own recipe.
The ONLY thing I would change about this is to try frying them instead of baking. I know...worst way to eat food. But in MODERATION, right? I don't own a fryer so I can't speak to how amazing they would REALLY taste, but my hubby believes for sure it would be best.
1 head cauliflower
Your fav BBQ sauce
1 cup unsweetened nut milk
1 cup chick pea flour
1 drop Thyme
1 drop Cumin
I 1/2 cups chickpea flour
1 cup bread crumbs (blend some dry gf bread if you don't have any at home!)
1 tsp garlic
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp taco seasoning
1. Set oven to 450 degrees
2. Mix the wet ingredients in one bowl
3. Mix the dry ingredients in a separate bowl
4. Wash and chop the cauliflower in small pieces
5. Dip cauliflower pieces in wet ingredients, then dry ingredients, then place it on a baking sheet.
6. Pop the cauliflower in the oven for 15 minutes.
7. Remove from oven, toss in BBQ sauce, place back on the baking sheet. Lick the BBQ sauce and bread crumbs off the bowl. We don't waste that BBQ goodness.
8. Put cauliflower back in the oven for 5-10 minutes, depending on how crispy you want them.
9. Enjoy with some coleslaw and a veggie burger!
Want to know more about essential oils?
Interested in bringing dōTERRA into your home?
Shoot me a message!